One of the differences between Mark and John is the characters that they put the focus on. First of all, it doesn’t talk that much about the disciples as Mark did. And this totally new type of person came up. A perfect follower that has perfect faith on Jesus and God. We can see this in verse 11:27, “She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.” It is the first time in which Jesus didn’t say any kind of lesson back as a response.
Also, it is the first time in which I saw Jesus not saving someone that is sick. In verse 11:4, “When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.” Is this to balance out death and life? Or did God said to Jesus to let Lazarus die because he knew what would happen later on? Who knows, except God.
Finally, I would like to share this commandment of Jesus that I thought it was sweet, whether or not I liked it. It is presented in verse 13: 34, “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” This line never came up in the Gospels of Mark. Jesus probably said this because he thinks love unite people and produce “light” as he describes himself. I was so surprised to hear love each other and not love God.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment